Thursday 20 September 2012

Ticking away ... Day 690 ~ Charlie ! Where's your troosers ?

One unforeseen development in my journey through life is the fact that, at the present time, I have no trousers that fit me.

I tend to wear shorts as much as I can especially when walking and when it's hot ... and of course I still have four or five hot flushes everyday. So, I've not had any trousers on for a few months ... 

Yesterday I was getting ready to go and have a coffee with Ruth, Hayley and Amber but all the Chinos I put on were too tight on my right thigh. I could get them on but they were so tight it was uncomfortable.

I don't suppose the lymphoedema is going to improve all that much [it's largely a holding operation] so I reckon I'm going to have to go and buy some larger trousers ... or start wearing a kilt when I want to go out somewhere a bit special.

Unless you can suggest anything else ...

17 comments:

  1. Well, now may be the time for them Chippendale velcro ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a kilt is a marvelous idea....she says as she wonders if Charlie is a "true" Scotsman. (o;

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Lawrence of Arabia look would suit you fine Charlie,complete with the head covering.Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could live with the Lawrence of Arabia look Ann. Now my late brother Bow would really have looked like an Arab ~ he had dark skin, a dark beard ... he would have had no problem.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dammit Charlie, now I've got that song stuck in my head, and I can't get it out!! Weirder still, I've got an image of Andy Stewart singing it....but with your face!!! LOL.

    DONALD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds horrible Mitch. You're lucky I didn't add a video to this blog ~ I nearly did.

      Delete
    2. I linked it Charlie. See the word 'Donald' just under my comment? That's a link to the song on YouTube :-))

      Delete
    3. Sorry Mitch ~ I missed the link originally. I might just leave it until tomorrow to listen to ...

      I did actually listen to a version of it by The Irish Rovers. I wonder if Andy Stewart's could be better ?

      Delete
  6. Can Andy Stewart's version of anything be any good Charlie? For me Andy Stewart is the embodiment of miserable New Years Eves from my youth.

    As for the solution to the trousers problem, why don't you get some of those jodphurs that balloon out above the knee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so it wasn't just me that had miserable New Year's Eves ... Andy Stewart always seemed to be on 'telly' early in the evening in a black and white 'telly'. He was always so perky it couldn't be true.

      Jodphurs are another answer for sure ... though I might look at bigger Chinos initially.

      Delete
  7. Now I am singing 'Donald wares yur troosers" Old Man Watching had to buy those cotton trousers with pleats on the front and elastic spans over the back pockets when he had his aortic operation. I found them quite stylish actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you;ve got that song out of your mind by now Karyn. I'll let you know what I end up wearing ...

      Delete