Monday 17 September 2012

Chatsworth ~ Beyond Limits ~ 2012/2

With Exhibit No. 2 we leave the hare behind and concentrate on an elephant. Indeed this exhibit is called 'Elephant' !



Beyond Limits ~ 2012 ... exhibit number 2 

In fact I saw Exhibit 2 on my way to look at Exhibit 1 ~ both of them being in or near to the rose garden.

Beyond Limits ~ 2012 ... exhibit number 2

'Elephant' was a little easier to photograph than 'Large Mirror Nijinski' and there weren't quite so many people around ...

Beyond Limits ~ 2012 ... exhibit number 2

... well some of the time there were perhaps a few too many legs in view ...

Beyond Limits ~ 2012 ... exhibit number 2

... then they were gone.

Beyond Limits ~ 2012 ... exhibit number 2

I thought this was quite a nice piece in a better position ...

Beyond Limits ~ 2012 ... exhibit number 2

Beyond Limits ~ 2012 ... exhibit number 2 

Obviously much more lifelike than Exhibit No. 1 !

17 comments:

  1. Can't say I'm to impressed with this Charlie,look forward to seeing some others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I liked the hares better. This one has something of an air of being unfinished. Admittedly far easier to photograph than the hares though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, much easier to photograph ... and I agree Mitch the hares are more entertaining.

      Delete
  3. Here I am, far away, enjoying this so much. I think the upper nostril area is enlarged to tell us something. I like this elephant. She/He seems ready to be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're enjoying them Karyn. The enlarged upper trunk looks as though it's a plaster that sportsmen and women used to wear not so long ago to assist their breathing.

      Delete
  4. Not one of my favorites I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't seem to be popular with anyone ... except Karyn. Time to pack its trunk perhaps ?

      Delete
    2. It just seemed rather lumpy to me...

      Delete
  5. Hmmmn. I wouldn't go so far as to say I "don't like" this one, but it brought about an interesting reaction in me. I felt sorry for the elephant, that he has his feet stuck in the mud in that way. He looks particularly uncomfortable, as elephants just aren't meant to have all four feet together in a small space. He looks like a circus elephant trying to stand on a ball - which immediately stirs up all kinds of negative reactions in me. Poor chap - I want to set him free so that he can stand with a leg at each corner, in a relaxed fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The image of an elephant on a large circus ball came to mind for me too ... but you said it Jenny. Perhaps I could do the photos and you could do the words ? :-)

      Delete
    2. LOL I wonder how often we'd co-incide? :)

      Delete
    3. Well they say great minds think alike ... so probably never ;-)

      Delete
  6. I must be odd - I really liked this one. I thought it looked goos in this setting too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. We all have different likes and dislikes ...

      Delete