Tuesday 18 September 2012

Chatsworth ~ Beyond Limits ~ 2012/3

'Leaping Hare on Curly Bell' is exhibit number 3 of the 'Beyond Limits' exhibition ... and again presented a photographic challenge that I probably failed.

Beyond Limits ~ 2012 ... exhibit number 3

Initially I tried to shoot the leaping hare against a dark background and this meant the hare didn't stand out [and, of course, I didn't have the 'curly bell' in the photograph].

Beyond Limits ~ 2012 ... exhibit number 3  

I tried it from the other side and although it was better ... there was too much shadow because of the bright sunshine.

Beyond Limits ~ 2012 ... exhibit number 3

Tried another from roughly the same spot ... and it was overexposed.

Beyond Limits ~ 2012 ... exhibit number 3 

Tried a third from the same spot and this was the best from here ...

Beyond Limits ~ 2012 ... exhibit number 3

I have to say though that I prefer movement from left to right rather than right to left. Is that just me ?

My final attempt saw me come at the hare from yet another angle. With Chatsworth House in the background this is the shot I most like [though, so far, I wasn't very happy about any of the three exhibits].

Beyond Limits ~ 2012 ... exhibit number 3

The sun was out ... but it wasn't really what I wanted. 

What would the fourth exhibit be like ?

12 comments:

  1. I like this sculpture, Charlie. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flanagan certainly liked hares as a subject. His work doesn't seem to be naturally photogenic anyway, but the positioning of the pieces in the Chatsworth estate also don't appear to have been made with the photographer in mind. I rather liked this piece, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are still more hares to come Mitch ! We'll have to see if I get any better images in the days to come. I did, in fact, find some of Chatsworth's own sculptures and seats which will be featured after the 'Beyond Limits' sculptures. Yes, I rather like this one too.

      Delete
  3. You're right, the last photograph is by far the best. I can see the bell shape in the "curly bell" and I like the way the hare seems to float above the horizon. :) It has certainly given you a challenge where photography is concerned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last one gives the feeling that the hare is running away from me which, presumably, it would do.

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha! If he ran towards you, I reckon you'd be the one running away Charlie. He's a big old hare! lol

      Delete
    3. A hare that size would frighten me, you're right. Trouble is I wouldn't be able to outrun a hare that size would I ?

      Delete
  4. He's almost flying.....I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking that so far there are no photos of Mad March Hares ... and, to put you out of your misery there are none. Perhaps it's too hackneyed of a subject.

      Delete
  5. I like the last photo with the bell shape,I think it makes you walk around to see the different view of it.Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to run my hand along that bell ... but there are signs [and the chain] that insist we don't.

      Delete