Thursday 5 September 2013

Ticking away ... Day 1044 ~ a short update ...

The good news is that I'm going for a CT scan, blood tests and an ECG on Tuesday of next week with a whole body bone scan the following day.

If I get through the screening then I could well be starting the clinical trial a week on Tuesday.

The bad news is that I have been suffering quite a lot of pain in my back, groin and left thigh/knee. So bad in fact that I was put on Codeine painkillers for a week or so but when they weren't working I was given Tramadol, starting yesterday. Whilst the Tramadol helps I still have some pain. The two scans will no doubt tell us more !

I must have been feeling poorly because I haven't been online for a few days. I just wasn't interested. I haven't been out for a walk either. I can just about walk to the car and a little bit further and that is it.

I'm in pain as I type this so if you'll excuse me I'm heading downstairs to put my feet up.

As regards some of my other problems ~ the rash ... the 'swelling' ... these are much better than they were.

Stay well !

9 comments:

  1. Rest up, Charlie - and the very best of good luck wishes go with you for the test results and the clinical trial. I do so hope that as you go along with the new painkillers, the level of pain subsides. If you can keep that pain at a low level, the rest follows along. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Goodness I sure hope those tests come back as good news. And I am so sorry for all the pain your going through.

    Take Care Charlie... Your The Best...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the scans and tests, Charlie. I hope you get put on the clinical trial.

    Sorry to hear about the pain you've been going through this past week or two. I know it must be bad if you've moved up to Tramadol. I can sympathise with the back pain, particularly, as I put my back out last weekend and have been in a lot of pain with it.

    At least some of those other problems are easing. Take it easy and rest up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All my very best wishes, Charlie. As you know I didn't discover your blog until a couple of months or so back, and really enjoy it and the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was worried about you when you didn't write a blog for a few days. I wish that you felt better ... and I hope that everything goes as well as it possibly can for you. I do wish that you didn't have pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been worried about you,not seeing anything on your page for a few days,I hope the Tramadol is helping. My mom took it and it seemed to help,but tell them you want a Fentanyl patch if it gets really bad,or even oxycodone. Love you Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all your comments and support ~ they are very much appreciated. I hope to update my blog and this will explain the current situation. Once again though, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am popping in to catch on week`s of blogs. Just passing by.

    ReplyDelete