Thursday 4 March 2010

The Roaches

I found one car park space on the roadside by the Roaches Tearoom and walked along the road ...
The Roaches ~ 28th December 2009

I found another of those poetry benches. I do dislike poetry that rhymes 'map' with 'hat'. I know I know, I'm a pedant.

The Roaches ~ 28th December 2009

I walked north from Rockhall. Me and the couple ahead of me were the only ones taking the path less walked.

The Roaches ~ 28th December 2009

Once I got to the lane I tried to keep my feet on the icy lane that leads to Roach End. 

The Roaches ~ 28th December 2009

 The higher I got the icier the road became. I stood well clear when any cars came past me. In the distance snow capped Shutlingsloe stood out ...

The Roaches ~ 28th December 2009

The Roaches ~ 28th December 2009

Once I'd got to Roach End I started to climb the very slippery and icy path onto the Roaches ...

The Roaches ~ 28th December 2009

It was just as bad as I got nearer to Doxey Pool ...

The Roaches ~ 28th December 2009

Then I came to Doxey Pool. I didn't see the mermaid that apparently lives in the pool.

The Roaches ~ 28th December 2009

The Roaches ~ 28th December 2009

   The mermaid's name [or so I have read somewhere] is Jenny Greenteeth.

Past Doxey Pool I could see Hen Cloud. In the photo below it's the outrop at the far end ~ the third one. 

The Roaches ~ 28th December 2009

The Roaches ~ 28th December 2009

The Roaches ~ 28th December 2009

After all that I retired to the Roaches Tearoom and had a meal. For the life of me I can't remember what. Still, I can recommend it. 

Date of walk ~ 28th December 2009

Length of walk ~ 5 1/4 miles

Total since 1st September 2009 ~ 117 3/4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment