Saturday 16 January 2010

A sodden mess ...

We'd had a lot of rain though I didn't realise how much until later ...

Brook Bottom is about a mile outside Tideswell on Manchester Road. There's a large water trough there ...

Tideswell ~ 12th December 2009

Water Lane then runs west from Brook Bottom to Wheston.

In Wheston, at the side of the road in a small enclosure, there's an old stone cross ...

Tideswell ~ 12th December 2009

 A lane then drops down from Wheston to Dale Head.

Tideswell ~ 12th December 2009

From Dale Head I walked south through Peter Dale. Usually it's a dry dale ... but not today ...

Tideswell ~ 12th December 2009

Tideswell ~ 12th December 2009

Tideswell ~ 12th December 2009

Tideswell ~ 12th December 2009

Once I'd reached the lane at the bottom of Peter Dale [and resisting the temptation of walking through Monk's Dale] I followed the Limestone Way up the hill and part way along the track towards Monksdale Farm I turned north-eastward towards Slancote Lane.

Tideswell ~ 12th December 2009

When I reached Slancote Lane I followed it southwards until it swung left, back towards Tideswell. I didn't really fancy walking along it ...

Tideswell ~ 12th December 2009

It was something of a relief to get back onto tarmac.

I passed Tideswell church and finished the walk ...

Tideswell ~ 12th December 2009

Date of walk ~ 12th December 2009

Length of walk ~ 6 1/4 miles

Total since 1st September 2009 ~ 99 3/4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment