Thursday 10 December 2009

In Darley Dale ...

Autumn was drawing to a close and for some reason I hadn't got out early enough to go far. For once I did a local walk. Many people would be happy to walk locally around here.

I parked on the Promenade near the Red House Hotel, just off the A6.

Darley Dale ~ 25th October 2009

I took the path beside the Red House Hotel. I wonder how long it is since it was red ?

Darley Dale ~ 25th October 2009

The path runs down to the railway line ...

Darley Dale ~ 25th October 2009

I crossed the line and followed the path that runs between the river and the railway line itself, heading towards Matlock. There's a fallen tree here which has been like this for ages ... years rather than months.

Darley Dale ~ 25th October 2009

Down by the river the sun shone brightly on the waters of the Derwent.

Darley Dale ~ 25th October 2009

I walked through a couple of fields until I reached a point where the path from the A6 and Hackney Lane joined the path I was on from the left.

Darley Dale ~ 25th October 2009

Darley Dale ~ 25th October 2009

I walked through another two or three fields before climbing up the railway embankment and following the concessionary footpath that runs beside the line itself. I was now heading back the way I had come.

Darley Dale ~ 25th October 2009

Just to confirm the status of the path ...

Darley Dale ~ 25th October 2009

Beside the line, a little further on, there's an old Midland Railway marker. I wonder how old it is ?

Darley Dale ~ 25th October 2009

I left the railway line and walked across the fields to the Square and Compass in Darley Bridge before walking along the road to Darley Dale Station. From here I got back onto the public footpath that runs alongside the railway line back towards the car. On the way I walked past the DFS outlet ... out of picture on the right in the next photo ...

Darley Dale ~ 25th October 2009

On the left of me as I took the above photo was an old Midland Railway notice ...

Darley Dale ~ 25th October 2009

I was only two or three hundred yards from the car ...

Date of walk ~ 25th October 2009

Length of walk ~ 4 1/4 miles

Total since 1st September 2009 ~ 78 1/2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment